Tuesday 4 August 2009

Nothing to report

Greetings Blog Followers!

Sorry there haven't been many updates in the last week (ok, in fact any updates). I was unable to go to Picnic in the Park, so if you have any great pictures you would like featured on the blog of the day please send them in.

Also, if you know of any events or stories, or have seen something that would make an interesting picture please email me at daretoknow@mac.com and let me know. I try and find out about everything that is going on in Barton but I am sure there is lots I am missing.

In the meantime, I shall be adding an 'Interesting Lives' section to the Blog very soon. This will be a short bit of blurb about someone who lives in Barton who has something interesting in their life that Blog followers might like to read about. I'm not suggesting covering famous Bartonians of old, who are more than covered in other forms (museum, books, films etc), I want to know about people in the here and now. If you can suggest someone, please send me details. I have two in the pipeline so far so watch this space in the next couple of weeks for that.

So as to not totally disappoint you with the lack of images in the last few days, here are a few random pictures taken by myself around Barton recently. I hope you enjoy and I look forward to hearing from you and also to the next event which is the Cider Tasting.. hurray!

We haven't had a picture of the Bridge yet, so here's one to keep you going.

Remember when the weather forecasters said the summer was going to be hot? Well, this was taken on one of the lovely days we had in June. Wouldn't look like this if I had taken this today, unfortunately.

I was allowed access to the William Blyth Tilery which is a really interesting place if you can get to look around. The furnace is pretty hot, even when turned off!

St Mary's, looking very dramatic.

Any guesses as to where this was taken?

What about this furry fellow.. have you seen the new grass-munching additions at '......' ?? Any guesses?



No comments:

Post a Comment