Monday 19 October 2009

Special Report: Barton Town Band in the National Finals

Today we have an extra special treat: a report about the day the Barton Town Band went to the National Finals in Harrogate (27th of September) and came second! I couldn't attend this exciting event as I was on my hols, so many thanks to Sophie and Bethany Evison, aged 12 and Daisy Evison, aged 8, for this exciting report and photos.

Smile! On the bus on the way there.


It's Daisy, not taking the picture this time. Cheese!

Daisy's report:

National Finals!!!!

It was a hot scary day and everyone was warming up. We thought the band were very very very very very very good!!!!!! 

It was time for the National Finals and all the bands played dundundunnnnnnnn.

We came 2nd!!!!!!!


The all-important practice before the performance.

Bethany's report:

! National ! Brass ! Band ! Finals !

I am sitting in the building where the contest is taking place. It is purple inside and has a huge spiral slope going from the bottom floor to the top. There's a gorgeous bar with a cushioned leather rim around it's marble surface. From where I am sitting (right near a huge window) there is the most amazing view of Harrogate. I can see where the band is practising - in the Harrogate Conservative Club. 

I got to go around Harrogate and had a McDonalds double cheese burger (YUM).

It was very nail-biting waiting for the results...

The band was ace and came second place with £750 prize money to come home with. On the way home we sang some very rude songs which me, my twin and my other two sisters and my best friend found hilarious!

On the way home with the Cup: hurrah!!




No more photos, please Daisy!!!

Sophie's poem:

It was the day of the finals.
The nerves wouldn't clear,
because everyone knew
the contest was near.
Noone knew how they would play,
or even get through
the rest of the day.
When they had played
and the results were being called,
in my head it was all a riot,
but when they announced that we came second,
we all suddenly went quiet.
Then I practically jumped off my seat,
you could tell the people in front were scared,
you could hear their hearts beat.
But we didn't care because
we weren't in despair.
We were the happiest people there.

4 comments:

  1. Very well done Daisy, Bethany and Sophie. I really enjoyed your reports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog. Your mum said you were on Radio Humberside. So how did that go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations and excellent reports.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the nice comments. Yes I was on Radio Humberside, 'reviewing' the news and talking about the Blog. I think it went well, at least that's what I'm being told!

    ReplyDelete